Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Job...hurrah!

After a bit of a glich over the Christmas period I am back in the world of the employed! I finished at Cadbury after 3 years mid-December, not a great time to start looking for a new contract position!

During the last two weeks of December and the first two weeks of January, I gathered approx 20 leads for new roles. All except 3 came to nothing - in fact to date I have only received a couple of calls from agents relating to those leads!

Out of the blue (well nearly out of the blue) I received a call from a agent I had done some work through previously, asking if I would talk to a client, just a chat. It really is good to talk, because out of that 'chat' came my current role!

I started at e2v on 18th January. A very different industry to Cadbury, for a start you can't eat the products! They are in a High Tech industry making equipment for a variety of applications.

Did I mention the location? It's great, only 35 miles (approx 50KM) from home, so I get home every night - a real luxury for a contractor like myself!

The duration of my contract is 3 months. That is how it all started at Cadbury, and then 3 years later....... Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Martin...and you never know, 3 months might turn into something bigger. Are you doing PP there as well?

6:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home